ST - NTIF volunteer archers:

ironwyrm@juno.com ironwyrm at juno.com
Wed Feb 28 21:45:38 PST 2001

Greetings all,

Into the archers who plan to attend the NTIF and assist in the SCA demo,
there a few items I wish to inform you of:

First, as most of you have already heard there are not as many passes to
go around as we had expected, but you are still needed!  If you are
planning to attend the NTIF and can come by and work for just a few hours
please do so.  We shall be running the demo from opening until dark each
day.  Fees are $11.00 day or $17.00 for the 2-day, and I understand
parking is high so I would suggest car pooling if possible.

Second, The people running the site have requested that no "live steel"
of any kind be brought on site.  This means no swords, daggers, knives,
spears, axes, target or hunting arrows, etc. be brought in or worn on the
site.  With the exception of A & S items for display only!  What you can
bring are your SCA combat legal bows and crossbows and combat arrows and
bolts.

Third, If you planning to demo archery related skills and it does start
to rain I am told we will be moving that group indoors so you don't get
too wet!  I would suggest not having a great deal of equipment so you can
break down quickly and get it inside.

Lastly, before I had suggested wearing your combat armor if you were
coming to help in the demo.  Due to the weight and lack of safe places to
stow it I would like to back peddle on that.  Please just wear costume,
bring your armor if you wish to participate in the fighters demo or wish
to wear it in the archery demo.  I will be wearing mine for part of the
day.

Please contact me if you have any questions, if you plan to come and
help, or just want to display your archery related talents and I will try
to provide any table space you might require.

I hope that has covered everything?  I'm sure I will remember something
else as soon as I have signed off.

Thank you volunteering,

Ironwyrm