ST - Feedback on moving fighter practice?

Bryan & Michelle Hanson bmhanson at airmail.net
Fri Apr 6 08:33:35 PDT 2001

As a resident of Carrollton and someone who frequents this park regularly
mundanely and a non-fighter (hopeful future siege weapon & combat archer
but not fighter - ow!) - take the following comments for what they worth.

The play area itself is awesome!  Children love it and are quite willing to
spend their entire lives there if only their parents would let them.  It is
completely enclosed, has several children there every weekend (so even if
your child was the only one to visit for fighter practice, there would be
no lack of playmates), and is sturdily built and well-maintained.  The
teenagers and adults of the area built it for the neighborhood some years
back and they take great pride in their maintenance of it.  This is the
neighborhood where my husband grew up and we are there rather frequently to
visit the paternal Grandparents.  This neighborhood is a great place.  I
would not necessarily term it a particularly "yuppie" neighborhood,
however.  (Of course I wouldn't term myself a yuppie either but have been
called such! <grin>)  There are several families who could be construed as
yuppies if one was so inclined; however, there are also several families
who would not fall into that definition strictly speaking.  There are
several older couples who live there whose children have grown and moved
away.  And there are several people who have no children at all.  There are
elderly couples, etc., you get the idea.  As for interest, who knows?!  But
that, in my experience, is usually the case anyway.

As for the zip code being a "yuppie" one, to my knowledge (and no I haven't
checked with the post office as I am not terribly interested in knowing for
fact <grin>) there are only 2-3 zip codes that apply to Carrollton anyway.
 The only people I know who live in Carrollton (which would of course be
approximately one thousandth, at least, of the true population I'm sure)
live in the 75006 zip code, including that park.  And every one of the
people I know could be labeled yuppies.

I have occasionally (very occasionally) gone to fighter practice at the
hill but haven't recently because there is nothing really for me or my
mobile child to do.  The other child isn't particularly interested whether
we go to fighter practice of not.  :) :)  I can't say that if fighter
practice was moved I would be any more inclined to go than I was
previously, even if it closer to my house - there would still be very
little for me to do personally (my child on the other hand...).  As a
matter of fact, since I have begun to attend archery practice on a regular
basis, the hill is closer.  But again, I don't fight and have no real plan
to fight as anything other than a combat archer and maybe run siege
weapons.

P.S.   This is merely my wholly unasked for but given opinion anyway AND
the spaces between the lines are completely blank, both literally &
figuratively!  :) :) :)

I know that whatever the ultimate decision is, it will be made for in the
 best interest of those who DO attend fighter practice on a regular basis
(i.e. not me!!).

Margarite