ST - Edwin's comments on Steppes dynamics

Sue Rogers wjwakefield at juno.com
Wed Apr 11 14:12:23 PDT 2001

Vivat to HE Master Edwin fitzLloyd for the best description of Steppes
dynamics that I have seen!!!  Having observed the Steppes for *many*
years, he brings us the benefit of his experience.

My additional comment would be that in a top-heavy barony, it is
sometimes difficult for us poor and simple folk to be noticed - which
could be considered either advantage or disadvantage!

For those that complain that fighter practice is not a showplace for us,
at one time it was.  Over time, we had knight marshals that did not show
up regularly, people, especially the Baron and fighters, travelled more,
and eventually people stopped coming to fighter practice.  When we had a
knight marshal and hospitaler that showed up regularly [Lady Francesca],
over time, people returned to fighter practice.  The point is
*consistency* is very important to maintaining our presence at fighter
practice.  Consistency in people being there, consistency in being in one
place and not moving around a lot.  Consistency in having a hospitaler or
deputy, as well as a knight marshal, to be there regularly.  We have only
just recently gotten our fighter practice back into a relatively healthy
state.  We *all* need to work on keeping it that way....

just my 2 cents worth
Suzanna, herbalist