ST - Baronial Worknight

Annette Brauer mabrauer at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 20 10:27:05 PDT 2001

Very wonderful ideas Dux.

Mary Elizabeth

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Mordock von Rugen" <mordockvonrugen at hotmail.com>
To: steppes at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: ST - Baronial Worknight
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 12:22:03 -0500

I think a really cool baronial project would be constructing a large wooden
trestle table, with the baronial arms painted on it.  We're always setting
up ugly folding tables and covering them with cloth for things like
sideboards, list tables, etc.  Wouldn't it be cool to have a really nice
table (or three) to use?

Also, I made  a really nice, lockable cashbox for Dun Or some time back,
with the baronial arms painted on it.  Wouldn't that be better than an
obviously modern metal for accepting and carrying cash for events?  Easy
project, too - it can be constructed for about $30 worth of material....

How about nice wooden chests that double as footstools for keeping Baronial
regalia?

A wooden kneeling-pillow retainer, so the pillows don't get all dirty from
being on the ground?

Metal lantern-hangers, or boxes to put around the bases of propane
torch-lights, to help hide the mundanity of them?

If somebody wants to get some copper sheet and some 1-1/2" steel bar stock
cut into 4" lengths, and some concrete nails, I could show folks how to make
dies for stamping out coins, and we could make Baronial coins, either for
site tokens, or to give out as largesse.

Just some ideas.

Dux