[Steppes] Baby update

Nathan Sullivan bandorn at swbell.net
Tue May 29 14:39:41 PDT 2001

>Howdy all and thank you for your words of kindness >and love! :)
>
>Yesterday William finally opened his eyes and they took >him off the
>respirator. He is now breathing on his own but still >unable to feed on his
>own. I was finally able to hold him and it was a moment >in time that lasted
>in my mind forever, time totally stopped.

>He is still enclosed in an incubator but I can hold him for >a few minutes
>every 4 hours when they have to do his assessments. >They expect that he will
>be strong enough to feed without help in a week and he >may come home in two weeks.

I know how you feel, one of my friends just had a baby 8 days ago and he was born premature as well.  It is a scary thing when the doctor tells you that your baby was born too soon and will have to stay in the hospital.  Luckily for her, it was only 3 weeks early.  None of us got any sleep for 3 days waiting to find out if the baby was going to be ok.
I wish you best of luck