[Steppes] SteppesLetter Submissions

Lisa LeChatton llechatton at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 25 12:42:37 PDT 2001

Steppes Cavalry Notes

Steppes has its own Equestrian Marshal now (me) and a new Deputy Equestrian
Marshal for Central Region(also me). I am working with 2 families that have
horses and we are setting up practice fields at their homes. One is in Lucas
(between Allen and Wylie) the other is just West of Cleburne near the State
Park. I will be working on children's competition gear because one of the
families has a couple of riders under 10 years old.

We still don't have loaner horses, but I really appreciate all the ground
support from non-horse owners. If there is any way I can make it more
enjoyable for all those people standing out in the hot sun replacing heads,
counting quintain spins, mucking out or totting up scores, please let me
know.

I am hoping to have a "Cavalry" meeting before Fall Court (in conjunction
with the September populace or October business meeting), which is the next
event that we host. Please send me email addresses for everyone interested
in helping with a Quest format on the Lake Grapevine trails.
___________________

My SCA Equestrian Calendar to the end of the year:
August 19 Authorizations and Practice at Gates Edge
August 24-26 King's Lancer - Loch Soilier (Clear Lake, TX)
September 7-9 Stargate Baronial - Stargate (Houston, TX)
September 14-16 Defender of the Fort - Raven's Fort (Huntsville, TX)
October 12-14 Battle of the Pines - Greywood (Nacogdoches, TX)
October 19-22 Demo at Angelina Forest Endurance Ride
October 26-28 Steppes Fall Court - Steppes

Practices for Authorization purposes are being held in Loch Sollier,
Stargate South and Stargate North on a monthly basis. They have rental
horses. If you have a horse I will be happy to work with you on an
individual basis.
Sign up for the e-group at Yahoo Groups Ansteorra-Equestrian
Drop me an email at llechatton at home.com if you or someone you know are
interested in keeping up with equestrian activities.

Fly without wings,

Lady Aimee de LongCoeur
mka Lisa LeChatton