[Steppes] Re: training new autocrats/officers

Hrldsmn@aol.com Hrldsmn at aol.com
Tue Jun 26 11:40:30 PDT 2001

In a message dated 6/26/01 8:50:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mordockvonrugen at hotmail.com writes:

> And might I suggest one more objective?  Training and supporting at least
>  two new autocrats this coming year.  I'm talking people who have never
>  autocratted or held an office.  We need to foster our new blood, and we
need
>  to train folks as they come into the SCA, if we are going to grow.  Let's
>  concentrate on getting new folks into office, autocrating events, and so
on,
>  so we can tap into their fresh insights, energetic approaches, and new
>  visions.

The best way to achieve this is to pair a new(er) person with an experienced
autocrat or officer as a deputy. That way we train a new person without
throwing them into an unfamiliar situation completely unprepared and
unguided. The new(er) person would have the chance to learn how we do things
and have a better forum to interact with more longtime members of the group.

Edwin