[Steppes] State of the Barony

Ron Hardy rhemail at swbell.net
Thu Jun 28 13:51:29 PDT 2001

I'm sorry it's taken a wile to respond to this and the several other messages
regarding the State of the Barony meeting and several other messages, we have
been working on the coronation decorations and kingdom banner project. I will
try and fill in a few of the gaps.

Mordock von Rugen wrote:

> Much Snipage:

> I would also suggest making a one-time expenditure (outside the KM's budget)
> for a good armor repair kit, some good loaner helms that can be purchased by

I think a repair kit can be easily accomplished.
I have also made arrangements for some starter helms to be available for
purchase at the next fighter practice. I don't feel that the barony should get
in the business of selling armor though these helms just happen to be left over
from Elfsea's Gulf Wars preparations. I think they will be around $100. Perhaps
this is a business opportunity for enterprising merchant in the area.

> newbies, and some additional plastic armor for use (and purchase) by
> newbies.  The existing leather armor is aging and some pieces are marginal
> in terms of protection, anyway.  Shelling out money for three sets of good
> loaner gear would make a big difference in terms of our ability to get
> newbies interested, and kitted up so they don't have to keep borrowing the
> loaner stuff.

I have the idea of using the Baronial work nights to make 2 new sets of plastic
armor for the barony and that will in turn educate others in the making of armor
for themselves. I however don't have the time to do the coordination for this
project so we need someone to volunteer to head up the project. You would be
welcome to come over and use the shop on work nights.
Failing that we can look into buying two new sets of plastic armor to compliment
the one set we have. Will someone bring this up at business meeting this
Tuesday?
Having recent gone through the current loaner gear we are in need of some new
stuff. We do however have several helms that just need padding.

Fritz