[Steppes] 12th Night Feast Prep Sessions

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 9 05:10:47 PST 2001

Hi, y'all:

When I get back to town, I will start scheduling the feast pre-prep sessions
for 12th Night.  The way this feast is planned, there is not a lot of
heavy-duty pre-prep until the fortnight before, BUT we do need quite a lot
of piecrusts, so I would like to set a day of piecrust madness!

Loans of pie tins happily accepted too, even if you cannot participate in
the cooking session.

I make my own piecrusts for feasts so that they are vegetarian; one element
of the feasts I cook is that unless the dish is an obvious meat thing, it is
vegetarian-friendly.  So we cannot just buy frozen pie crusts, as all of
them (except the really expensive ones) have lard or other animal fats.  But
if you are not familiar with making pie crusts from scratch, do NOT be
intimidated, this is an easy and basic cooking skill.

Email me directly at morgancain at earthlink.net if you would like to help.
This would be a weekend, probably a Sunday afternoon.  We will prepare,
roll, and freeze the piecrusts.  One of the dates is the Sunday after
Thanksgiving, the other is the middle of December).  I might have samples of
some of the dishes for the piecrust makers to sample.

Persons interested in assisting with feast who have not yet contacted me,
now's your chance!

                                         ---= Morgan

"What this country has needed for a long time is to kick butt."
                                                     ---=  Lewis Grizzard
"Message To The Taliban: Hand over Bin Laden or
 we will take all your women and send them to college."