[Steppes] costuming source?

Ms. Randall K. Mars, RN kitaen at swbell.net
Thu Nov 15 06:39:58 PST 2001

Julianna,
Dallas Millinery has steel boning  and the little metal tips you need to
cover the cut-ends. Since they make custom hats there, I would be willing to
bet they also sell buckram of various weights. They also have hoop wire, as
well as ready-made hoop skirts both 3 and 4 tier in small and larger sizes.
Dallas Millinery is located right across the street from El Centro in
Dallas. Also, check at Golden D'Or ( the old Singer outlet store ) over on
Perth Street. Their prices are the best around and the fabric selections are
nothing short of awesome.

 You can also generally get both heavy weight and lighter weight buckram at
Hobby Lobby and at Hyper-Mart. Several of the JoAnne's and Hancock's also
have buckram but you may have to ask for it as they do not usually have it
out.   Hope this helps. ~Randall Mars~