[Steppes] herbal guild

barb draeco55 at attbi.com
Sun Dec 9 18:34:25 PST 2001

Greetings from Viscountess Katherine,

I wish to announce at this time that I have taken an deputy/assist guild leader.  This is Lady Nuala  lizdenpeters at juno.com or 214-330-8518.  Without her I would have been lost.  The guild members are very self-sufficient but with any group there needs to be someone who is organized, a motivator and record keeper.  Lady
Nuala/Liz has taken this position and ran with it and I am forever in her debt.  It has taken the entire herbalist guild to make what it is today so I want to thank each and everyone of you at this time.

This is for our newcomers and those fairly new to our society in particular.  Please come to our meeting and see if there is anything that interests you.  We do things from herbal related crafts, medicinal concoctions, culinary recipes and discussions on anything herbal.  We also have a lot of fun socializing, supporting one another and sharing the wealth of friendship.  You might not know anyone or very few but by the time you leave you will be a member of a very wonderful family. You do not need to know one thing about herbals at all to be apart of the herbal guild--just have an interest.  Everyone is welcome.

The meetings are held in the homes of those members wishing to host it.  We had our first meeting at my home and from there we have had meetings at M'Lady Liadan's, Lady Julianna Virtue's and Lady Suzanna the Herbalist.  Our January meeting will be at Lady Nuala's with directions to follow.

If transportation is a problem, many times we have people in various areas that would not mind car pooling so please call me and I will do everything possible to set something up.

Our January meeting will be to organize projects and meetings for the next 6 months.  We hope to set up where each month's meeting will be held at that time as well as what projects we will be working on in the
future.  We will also be  making plans for extra meeting once a month on a Saturday for those who can not always be available for Monday night meetings.   We hope to arrange field trips, visiting speakers and other items of interest.  These are some of the things we will
be bouncing around at the January 7, 2002 meeting.  We will be taking ideas from everyone and discussing them.  Everyone has a say and a vote.

In the February Steppes Letter we hope to have the schedule for the next 6 months and our progress report of our January meeting.

I hope to see some new faces as well as our current members and supporters.

Your humble servant,

Viscountess Katherine, Herbal Guild leader
draeco55 at attbi.com
972-907-2606
Lady Nuala, Herbal Guild Deputy Leader
lizdenpeters at juno.com