[Steppes] ISLAMIC SWORDS AND SWORDSMITHS

L LeChatton llechatton at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 2 14:40:00 PDT 2002

Does anyone want this book?  Total will be around $65

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1552925155

I have bought several Middle Eastern art catalogues and I don't think I
should get this one, but I want it to go to someone I know.
_____

By Unsal Yucel, translated by Omer Tahaoglu.
Istanbul: The Research Centre for Islamic History Art and Culture, 2000.
ISBN 92-9063-103-1.

Catalogue describing 114 swords kept in the Topkapi Seraglio Museum and the
Military Museum in Istanbul. These swords were used between the first and
tenth centuries Hijra (7th - 16th centuries A.D.) Part I is related to the
blessed swords of the Prophet, the four khalifas and companions of the
Prophet. Part II examines the characteristics of Islamic swords and the
development of their form: the analysis is based on 92 swords used in
different periods. Part III is devoted to Muslim swordsmiths. The book
contains 186 photographs and an index of the swords.

Complete and unique reference on Islamic swords. Large 8vo, ornamented hard
cover with gilted page borders. Brand new.

Lisa LeChatton
Garland, Tx

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich