[Steppes] questions about pearls

Karen Calhoun kmcalhou at garlandisd.net
Tue Dec 10 05:25:44 PST 2002

I am in need of "care and feeding" instructions for pearls.  Over the years, I have been given a few necklaces with pearls and I've recently come to very much like one of them but want to take good care of it so that it will last for many years to come.

So here we go:

Can I wear the necklace daily without damaging the sheen of the pearls?

Do I need to condition the charm or wash it with a special soap?

Can I wear them in the shower (this is for the ring...)?

How trustworthy is the glue used to attach the pearls to the assorted charms/ring?

Any help would be appreciated....

Best Wishes for the holiday season.

Katya/Karen Calhoun