[Steppes] Question for Gardeners and Herbalists

Morgan Cain (Ansteorra) morgancain at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 6 13:40:27 PDT 2002

Since I was mostly gone for the last month, my garden has received more than its usual portion of neglect.  Today, while cleaning the garage, I found my shears (part of the reason to clean the garage) and went to deadhead my roses.

On the climbing yellow vine (the one that is supposed to climb, unlike the red roses which just seem to be climbing anyway), many of the roses apparently bloomed and died while I was away.  Now, at the base of where the flower was, I am getting round balls.  Are these rose hips?  If so, how do I harvest them?  If not, I am going to cut them off, but I wanted to be sure that I am not missing anything useful.

                                ---= Morgan (anybody want to buy some yarn?)

"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
                                      ---= Thomas Paine