[Steppes] Sunday War Practice at Flagpole Hill?

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 18 09:30:57 PDT 2002

I have heard that their will be a large gathering at Flagpole Hill this
Sunday and that there will be both light weapons and heavy weapons
tournaments.  I have also heard that there will be combat archery practice
there as well.  Is all of this true?

I have also heard that there may be an arrow fletching class under the trees
at this practice.  I would like to be able to take home my own arrows, so
what supplies and equipment will I need to bring?  I've heard some of it --
dowel rods, fletchings (feathers), a special glue, and a jig which I plan to
purchase -- but what are the specifics?  What size dowel rods, what are the
end pieces called, which fletchings are more traditional - the curved ones
or the angular ones, what is the glue needed?  Anything I've missed?  Could
the "teacher" post this information to the list, please?

We were discussing the practice at the Singers/Bardic Guild last night.
Here are some of the particulars I heard -- there are supposed to be:
tournaments (some of which may start earlier than 2:00, right?), everyone is
asked to bring a picnic basket, blanket or tourney chairs and any project
they might want to work on, there are supposed to be goodies (watermelon and
the like) available for the fighters, pavilions available, bardic activities
and extra songsheets available, and, also, the Barony of Elfsea is joining
us in a combined fighter practice at this event.  Could someone confirm
and/or correct, please?

Thanks,
Gabrielle

" Le Bonheur est une trajectoire et non une destination.
ALORS : Travaille comme si tu n'avais pas besoin d'argent.
Aime comme si jamais personne ne t'avait fait souffrir.
ET Danse comme si personne ne te regardait !! "