[Steppes] Osage harvesting (was Steppes Bowyers Guild)

John Mays john_l_mays at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 19 06:44:11 PDT 2002

Put me on that list -- it's not the first one I have taken down, and I have
a truck, 4wheel drive!!

>From: <jspinks at ix.netcom.com>
>To: steppes at ansteorra.org
>Subject: Re: [Steppes] Osage harvesting (was Steppes Bowyers Guild)
>Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 05:52:54 -0700
>
>That suits me.  I have both plus splitting mauls and a useable adze.  As I
>understand it the location is in Quinlan which is easy form me to get to.
>will survey the archers on Sunday to see who is interested in going.  The
>question now is as you ask- what time is good for our host?
>
>On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 23:05:32 -0700 (PDT) Jason Hitt <cutter07 at yahoo.com>
>wrote:
>

>Maybe an early Saturday morning bowyers meeting at the
>site is in order. To encourage more work a "carry what
>you cut" arrangement might be helpful. :)
>Seriously plan on alot of work cutting these; the
>outside light wood (first 1/3 of the wood) goes fast,
>then you start breaking chains deeper in. If you got
>axes, bring um. You'll be glad you did. Bring
>something cheap to seal the ends on site as well
>(glue, polyu, wax, mud, etc) or your pieces will start
>cracking within days.
>This is rare, good stuff so many thanks to our host
>for the offer. Lets talk about times good for said
>host and maybe setup a survey of which needs to be
>harvested first.
>
>--- Patrick Cuccurello <pat at adtelusa.com> wrote:
> > > Do not cancel your trip this Saturday on my
> > account. I only have a small
> > > window of opportunity in the afternoon this
> > Saturday and from what I
> > > understand about getting to your place I would eat
> > up most of that just
> > > getting there and back. I am not necessarily
> > needed at the
> > > Collegium, I had
> > > just planned to be there. So if I had to miss it,
> > although sad,
> > > it would be
> > > more in the calling of my duties as Bowyer and
> > Fletchers Guild
> > > Master to be
> > > at your place cutting bow staves. What say the
> > rest of you?
> > >
> > > Iames
> >
> > Well, if you all want to head out the 27th, that
> > works for me.  Just make
> > sure that you weren't planning on going to the
> > Collegium anyway.  Julianna
> > has threatened me with bodily harm if I mess with
> > the Collegium.  <<insert
> > suitable masochist joke here>>.
> >
> > Pet.
> > .....who is afraid of Julianna, even if she is his
> > indentured servant
> > <<grin>>

There are 2 rules for success:
1. Never tell all you know.

Lost quotes:
I drank what??	-Socrates

I want my mummy	-Howard Carter

I thought you had the Compass?	-A. Airheart

Is it just me or is it hot out here? -Jean d'Arc

Told ya so. -Nostrodamus

I never liked Timmy. -Lassie and Mr. Wizard

Of all the reindeer, I found Comet the most tender. -Grinch W. S. C.