[Steppes] Sunday fighter practice

nikkicmiller at yahoo.com nikkicmiller at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 10 10:55:57 PDT 2002

Greeting!
  I had a good time at fighter practice yesterday.  We
set up the pavillion again which gave us a shady place
to rest.  We had Irish music to set the mood and water
melon to refresh us.  Let's see, Esmerelda stopped by
with her great dane Bogie.  HL Conel, Gena and I
fenced.  About six guys armored up to fight.  There
were a few other people hanging out.
  It was a pretty day around 89 degrees.  Okay, It was
hot.  I was only suited up for lite fighting and I got
 over heated.  I can't imagine how hot the heavy
fighters felt. When they took off their armor, they
were soaked through with sweat, just drippin' sweat.
It will only get hotter I'm afraid
  I will probably go to fighter practice were ever
it's held.  Right now though ,I am thinking SHADE.  I
vote we move the practice to The Hill before its gets
too hot to play.  The Hill has lot's of SHADE!!!  I
don't go to fighter practice to  hang out at the
privies, so I can deal with porta potties.   I can
even deal with tacky picnic tables for a while.  Then
if I happen to find someone, in the bushes, getting it
on ..... well Hey, I hope I am armed and wearing my
mask.  Purhaps it will scare the S___ out of them and
they won't come back! ;)
 So, what say the rest of you?  Let's chat it up.  So
we can get this rollin' and beat the heat!

  Clare