[Steppes] Barony missive

Kellie Hardy khemail at swbell.net
Thu Jun 27 08:14:09 PDT 2002

Greetings unto the Merry Populace,

Thank you to everyone who came out to our house for the Populace Meeting
and Crawfish Boil!  It was good to see so many of you, and we had a
great time!  Hope you did, too.  We appreciate everyone's comments and
participation in the discussion of your Vision of Success for the
Steppes.  We know that this coming year will be a fun and invigorating
year for the Barony.

We also really enjoyed the weekend with you at Dragonsfire Tor!  It was
great to have so many Steppesfolk at this (for us, anyway) last camping
event of the summer.  We will be hoteling or day-tripping until cool
weather rolls around again.  We were especially excited to have Don
Sebastian Frobishire, and his fiancee', Lady Adelaide, camping with
us.   Welcome home (if just for a little while), Sebastian!

Please volunteer now to assist Viscountess Kate and Padraig with Steppes
Artisan.  It is only two months away!  Remember, we will be hosting a
Pas d'Armes at this year's event.  It is open to everyone, and we are
expecting lots of pomp and circumstance, heraldry, and artistic
imagination from those who enter the Pas.   We will also be looking at
the combatants, and the artisans,  to judge who might be a worthy
candidate for the Baronial Guard.  If you would like to be considered
for the Guard, please submit a letter of intent to us on the morning of
the event.

Please go out and support our Fighter Practices, on Sunday afternoons at
Flagpole Hill, and on Monday evenings at Mary Head Park.  If you cannot
get enough fighting around this area, you just ain't trying!   Thanks to
Sir Miguel for so deftly handling  the needs and desires of the fighters
and the general populace in this matter of modifying practice.  Now, the
rest of you, come on down (or up)!

keep cool and hydrated--the wicked heat is upon us!

For Steppes,

Fritz and Catrin
Lord and Lady Steppes