[Steppes] Sunday practice

Dawn Rummel dsrummel at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 11 13:51:21 PDT 2002

I agree with Suzanna - one cause of the change in fighter practice is a change in the Barony.  (although, I must say, there has been a separate indoor rapier practice in Steppes the entire time I've played, which is 13 years).  She makes a good point concerning the variety of activities during the week.  Also, I think the average age of the members is a little older, and perhaps we are not willing or able to devote quite so much of our time to the SCA.  For my part, if I'm not at an event on the weekend, I'm not likely to do anything SCA.  That time is reserved for doing all the things I should have gotten done while I was eventing, like taking care of the yard, running errands, or spending time with family.  It's not that I don't want to play, it's just that I don't have enough time to do it all.  For those who find themselves in this situation, it's likely that moving practice or leaving it won't make a difference.  I enjoyed Sunday fighter practice when I was able to come regularly, and I will make an effort to come out, though I suspect I will rarely be able to accomplish it.  With that in mind, Flagpole Hill is far closer to my house, so I'd vote for that.  But I don't think my vote should count for much since I can't make it often.

Antonia/Dawn

It's the little things in life...