[Steppes] Fighter Practice Location: question

Jack Spinks jspinks at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 12 17:06:55 PDT 2002

Thank you for your most gracious answer.  These are good points and answer
questions that I had wondered about for a while but, spending most time at
archery, could not get answered adequately.  Although 1 or 2 archers can
practice and have a good time, I have found that the level of fun goes up
exponentially with the number of participants for archery as well since we
can run games and contests that 2 people cannot do.  And we only rarely drop
below half a dozen people at Eastfield practice nowadays so we almost always
have a great time at the minimum.   Two people usually wind up in an
instructional mode or, if matched well, a comparitive/competitive mode and
usually finish up early.

Out of curiosity- how many people actually attend fighter practice on a
regualar week in week out basis?  And how many nonparticipants?  I do not
believe I have ever heard or seen real numbers- just references to low
turnouts.

I believe you also bring up another good point- some folks would attend
Elfsea by way of convenience or turnout anyway if that is their primary
interest.  How far is it from where the current practice is held?

Jacques the Spink