[Steppes] Fighter Practice Location: question

Michael Smith morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 12 20:48:22 PDT 2002

I'd say we have 6-10 fighters in armour ever week.  8 or 9 is about average.
  I never attended many Flagpole Hill practices, but I was always 20-25% of
the fighters there at the few I attended, which was why I started going to
ElfSea at that time.  So, my experience is that MHC park has better turnout
than FPH did, but my experience at FPH is limited.

I didn't mean to imply that archers don't have as much fun as heavy fighters
do with larger crowds.  It's just that heavy fighters NEED larger numbers to
get anything productive done.  Unless 2 guys have the same high level of
commitment and energy, 2 guys in armour don't fight much.  But two archers
can shoot a lot.  And if one archer has tender fingers, that doesn't stop #2
and #3 from shooting. But if one fighter of the three that show up is of the
"armour up, fight twice and quit" variety, it's GREATLY impacts the other
two guys for the afternoon.  But if that guy is one in 15 or 20, it doesn't
negatively impact the rest of the group.

Morgan