[Steppes] this calendar thing

Karen Calhoun kmcalhou at garlandisd.net
Wed Oct 2 15:21:57 PDT 2002

I've been reading and thinking and thinking and reading.  I've been to meetings and I've been around here for a while.  Like everyone else, I, too, have an opinion.  Here goes:

I dislike the idea of combining events.

1.  We pulled Artisan out so that the artisans could have an event all their own.
2.  We didn't combine it with 12th night because of time and space.  This event is also an opportunity to visit with friends while doing very little, in a sense (with the understanding that the staff and cooks are very busy and hard working).
3.  We took it away from Warlord because there was too much going on for everyone to participate.  As an artisan, this would pull me away from all activities that occur at that event, especially those at the field which tend to occupy most of my time.

My suggestions:
Put Warlord and Artisan on the calendar, leave off 12th night and Fall Court
1.  Warlord is a popular event.
2.  I like the fact that Artisan has such an incredible pull.
3.  12th night is a formal holiday tradition.  People will come to celebrate with their friends regardless.
4.  Fall court was never on the calendar and should remain so.
5.  Could we not leave some of the events off the calendar while still advertising them?  This would bring in some much needed revenue for the Black Star.

I thank you for your consideration and time in reading my opinion.  Please note that it is my own and carries no weight at all.  I am merely one of many.

Katya