[Steppes] Event Changes - long

Rhodes-walden, Jennifer Jennifer.Rhodes-walden at usa.xerox.com
Wed Oct 2 14:41:38 PDT 2002

<snip>
>I am not sure exactly what you are getting at here.

>As for the cantons combining what exactly do you mean?  Do you mean that,
for example, Glaslyn and Lindenwood combine any events they plan into one
large event under the pretense that they are both cantons to Steppes.  Or do
you mean that the cantons should combine all of their own events and only
have one a year?  IE  Lindenwood would have combined Border Wars and
Midsummer's.  I am not sure that either option is particularly feasible.

>Bryan

We had a feeling we should have explained better.

Yes, I meant that Glaslyn and Lindenwood (i.e.) might want to consider
joining forces and resources on a single *Kingdom calendar* event - not
under the 'pretense' that they are tied to the Barony, because they *are* -
but because a conjoining of forces and resources might result in better
attendance, larger events, more displays of artisans, populace and fighters
alike, and greater profitability for both Cantons. It would also help
consolidate the calendar, as the Crown requested. The local calendar events,
such as Midsummer's, should remain autonomous, by all means. Shires might
consider working with another shire nearby, particularly in the
Tyler/Longview area, where there isn't a barony per se.

Again, please remember we are ONLY making suggestions here... this isn't
meant to offend anyone, least of all the good gentles of Glaslyn and
Lindenwood!

We suggested this, not to limit the activity or diminish the importance of
the Cantons, but out of consideration for limited means and resources. If
you look at the Kingdom Calendar, there are a great many small events hosted
by Cantons of Baronies, yet it is usually the Baronial events that draw
people. Case in point - Raven's Fort held their event the same weekend as
Glaslyn's Defender and Artisan. More of the populace went to Raven's Fort as
the larger, more advertised event.

A single, co-sponsored event might be a possible answer for the above listed
reasons.

Elysia and Rafael