[Steppes] Event Changes

Hrldsmn at aol.com Hrldsmn at aol.com
Fri Oct 4 11:31:59 PDT 2002

In a message dated 10/4/02 9:04:20 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
morganbuchanan at hotmail.com writes:

> A 20-30% increase in the cost of a
> reign could easily disqualify some wonderful people from being able to do
> the job.

Oh I agree with your point, but as I have found reenacting is a very
expensive hobby (I notice it doubly so since I have become involved in Civil
War era reenacting) and when you can't afford one hobby it's time to find a
new one. We all have to be self policing, self limiting, and realize when we
just can't afford to do something we might want to. Most people just never
will afford to 'do it all'.

In any case we have always managed to "disqualify some wonderful people from
being able to do the job" by the mere fact that one member of a possible
Crown couple has to fight heavy. That pretty well cuts out many intelligent,
qualified, and financially able non-combatant couples from ever having any
chance to sit the throne, an inequity I have noted closely now for the last
28 years of my SCA activity.

But then that is another discussion and different battle...

Baron Edwin