[Steppes] Event Changes -long

Barbara W alysd38 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 7 07:25:40 PDT 2002

Apparently the real concern is not that the crown is
having trouble getting to enough events, but that many
groups are having trouble meeting their required
number of events due to scheduling issues. With
Baronies having their perpetual event dates and
certain week-ends being reserved for Crown and
Coronation, small groups are left with the worst
week-ends available to try to hold their events.
Either they are against some major event, or their
week-end choice is something like the week-end during
Pensic or the week-end after Gulf War.

Giving up our Artisian as a calender event will not
help that situation (since it is right at Pensic time
and few groups have ever held an event opposit it) and
will be a diservice to the Artisian community as a
whole.  Giving up 12th Night or WarLord as calender
events will crowd other events with the meetings and
awards that the Crown tends to hold/give out at those
two events.  In addition, if we were to give up the
calender date, but hold the event anyway (as some have
suggested) people will still come.  This would still
take away from the ability of a smaller group to draw
attendants to their events that are on the calender
for that date.

I think that our best solution for helping Their
Magesties is to keep 12th Night and WarLord as
calender Baronial events, and offer to host Eisteddfod
in perpetutiy at Artisian, making it a Kingdom event.
We will not really have given up a date, but we will
have given the Crown something they need, an event
that will hold Eisteddfod on a regular basis.

I like the idea of combining Artisian with a college
event, and if Elf Sea would like to do that we
certainly can look at it as an option.  My only
concern there is that many who would be teaching
classes will be at their display tables or judging.

Alys