[Steppes] Heraldry at Large

Michelle Hanson bmhanson at airmail.net
Wed Jan 2 17:35:32 PST 2002

I must apologize to all for having missed yet another issue of the
Steppes Letter.  January’s issue got away from me in the midst of finals
and holidays.  I heartily apologize to all.

I really don’t have much to say.  I am currently working on another
night to consult/comment on your own or others’ names/devices.  I
unfortunately do not have a date set for January.  At this moment the
only free date I have that is on a Friday is January 25, which is the
day before Queen’s.  And I know none of us will have anything else to do
that evening! :-) :-) :-)

Speaking of Queen’s, I am looking for people who have always wanted to
be a herald (in any way), particularly field heralds for this event.  If
you have always wanted to give it a whirl, there’s no time like the
immediate future!  Please contact me at bmhanson at airmail.net or
972-245-5692.  E-mail is better but you can always leave me a message.

I am also planning on a consultation table at 12th Night.  If you would
like to help, again, please let me know.  It will merely be a place to
talk to a few heralds and look through a few books.  I encourage all to
use this table in preparation for the full service consultation table
being hosted at Coronation the following weekend.

I also want to encourage everyone to submit their names/devices/badges,
etc.  Even if you already have one, you can get another – within reason.
I will post to the list with a firm date for the next
consultation/commentary once it has been set.

I still have a list of people who have volunteered to host a
consultation and/or a commentary.  If you would like to be on the list,
please don’t hesitate to let me know and I will add you to it.  I would
like to thank Iames Lochlainn and Liadan Brega for hosting the
consultation in November.  You all missed a great time.

Guess I was wrong; I did have something to say.  :-)

Margarite McBridin
Oakenwald Pursuivant