[Steppes] Reminder: Populace Meeting

morgancain@earthlink.net morgancain at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 24 15:49:49 PST 2002

>>> I accidentally deleted the directions for tonight's
>>> meeting.  Could somebody repost them or send them
>>> privately?

They are on the Steppes website, but if you cannot access that:

Seriously -   Thursday, 24 January, 2002 (A.S. 36)
When?   7:30pm until I kick y'all out (by midnight)
Where?   4009 Christopher Way, Plano
How? FROM 75-Central: Get off at Legacy and head west.
  When you get to Coit, turn right (north).
 FROM the Tollway: Get off at Legacy and head east.
  When you get to Coit, turn left (north).
 FROM 121:  When you get to Coit, turn south.

Christopher is the first street on the west side, south of Hedgecoxe. So, if you are coming from Legacy, after you pass the light at Hearst Castle Way pay attention, because there is a sign on the median that says "Hedgcoxe" upcoming, and immediately after that is the lefthand turnoff onto Christopher (you can see the "Fountain Creek" sign).

If you are coming south on Coit from 121, once you pass Hedgcoxe (has four-way traffic lights, an Eckard on the southwest corner followed by a Sonic), look for the first real road turning off to the right - it's after the brick wall starts. Turn right onto Christopher.

Once you turn onto Christopher, you will see a cross street going off to the right called Anthony - proceed ahead, do NOT turn. I am the third house on the right after (west of) Anthony. I have a red door, a double garage, and I'll try to post out a banner. It's OK to park on the streets as long as you do not block traffic. I think my neighbors took down their holiday lights, or those would be a really good marker (especially the deer).

Trust me, it's not that far away. And I am already planning what to cook for snacks (but you can bring things too).

  The meeting begins at 7:30 and held dressed in period garb but it is not required.