[Steppes] Several Items...

Kellie Hardy khemail at swbell.net
Mon Jan 28 08:30:38 PST 2002

Greetings, good gentles,

I wish to add my thanks and congratulations to Countess Kayleigh and
Dona Antonia for a splendid Queen's Champion event.  Their preplanning
and coordination were executed extremely well,and it showed.
Many Steppes folk are to be commended for their hard work and dedication
to our Queen, in making the hall and field lovely, for serving and
making sure every detail was taken care of.
I will allow the stewards to mention all these fine people by name, but
I do wish to especially thank Andrew, Lord Iames Lochlainn and Lord John
de Irwynne for recruiting the cadets and organizing the striking of the
list fields and all the pavilions before sunset, so that everyone could
enjoy feast, and not have to stay all night after the event.  I was
personally very moved by these gentlemen's initiative and selflessness.
Thank you to all the crew chiefs, their crews, and the last-minute
volunteers.  Her Majesty enjoyed a beautiful and nearly flawless event
in her honor.

On a completely different subject, now:  I am the proud steward of a
beautiful and deadly siege engine called the Red-Headed SteppesChilde.
She has an enviable range and a true aim.  She is a ferocious war
machine that needs some training before she travels to Meridies to kill
Trimarans and their allies.  I am in need of at least two, preferably
more, comrades who will dedicate themselves to manning this ballista
with me at the Great Gulf War.  We will practice our skills at
Lindenwood's Border Wars event on the weekend of February 15th, and
whenever else we can arrange to gather.  Remember, we can use this
machine at Flagpole Hill park to practice.  Who will stand with me on
the battlefield and lay waste to the Trimaran castle and those rogues
who would defy the might of Ansteorra?  Please contact me soon and tell
me of your desire to annihilate our friends from the Great Eastern
Swamp.  If you are not yet certified as a siege engineer, we can take
care of that at Border Wars.  You must have heavy combat armor.  On to
Trimaris!

For Steppes and Ansteorra,

Catrin
Lady Steppes