[Steppes] Update and Info for SMU Demo 2/14

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 6 09:00:31 PST 2002

Marguerie,

I was just there for a job interview.  Is it the large open area between the
fountain and the building with the colonial columns?  Is that Dallas Hall?
It's beautiful - so many trees.  I agree that it is high profile and this
would be a great place to get new members and positive publicity.  Count me
in.

May I bring up something a bit controversial?  Something this public and
visible can have positive and negative problems.  In the past, we have had
negative publicity due to pentagrams and such in open sight.  Not everyone
understands about them and can get the wrong idea.  So I am just suggesting
that if you have them, please be discreet with them.  By the way, I have
some, too.

Gabrielle

>From: chimericalgirl at attbi.com
>To: steppes at ansteorra.org
>Subject: [Steppes] Update and Info for SMU Demo 2/14
>Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 16:42:33 GMT
>
>Info from Heidi DePaul, annotated by me:
>
>Getting there:
>http://www2.smu.edu/maps/directions.asp
>http://www2.smu.edu/maps/campus.asp
>
>Event area description (this is for the whole event, not just our
>area) ;) :
> >We have the area in front of Dallas Hall all the way to the flagpole area
> >as well as the boulevard area with trees reserved for us.
> >There is a paved area there as well as paved sidewalks in a sort of
> >crisscross pattern and some lawn areas with and without trees.
> >We also have a fountain near the flagpole. There is also a paved area
> >around the flagpole.
>
>Dallas Hall is the large yellow "-+-" shaped building in the upper
>left corner of the map given above. A printable map is here:
>http://www2.smu.edu/maps/images/print_map.pdf
>
>Parking:
> >I'll check into the designated parking for you. Many times, for events
> >such as these, SMU will relax the parking ban on the boulevard.
>
>I will let everyone know as soon as I hear from Heidi on the parking
>issue.
>
>Setup times:
> >The setting up time is between 10 a.m. and noon and we will have a
> >staffed table near the flagpole ( we will identify it) where everybody
> >can check in and find out where they will be located. ( We'll try to have
> >maps). If somebody can only come later, they can still set up then and we
>will
> >identify their table ahead of time.
>
>I am going early to set up, anyone who wants to be there early with me
>to set up is welcome, but you don't have to be there until noon.
>
> >The event will be outdoors only.
>
>I will be bringing my modified/medievalized sunshade pavilion (not the
>walls, though), so we have somewhere to rest out of the sun (well,
>assuming we *have* sun...).
>
>I will also be bringing a small (2 gal) drink cooler filled with
>icewater for keeping people hydrated, and a picnic cooler, iced, with
>lunchmeats, cheese, and fruit in it, with room to spare for people to
>put in a few sodas. There will also be bread and possibly crackers to
>share.
>
> >The areas for the crafts, fortune telling, etc. will be 8ft rectangular
> >tables and you will not need to bring your own tables or chairs. We can
> >also push two tables together if someone needs a larger area.
>
>I have requested 2-3 tables, and if we suddenly get an influx of
>volunteers, I can bring two more folding tables. I also requested a
>round table for handouts and info, and six chairs. If anyone will be
>bringing more people with them, please bring extra chairs.
>
>I have also indicated that we would like to be together, so that we
>can spell each other if need be. If you want to be seperate from
> [...]

" Le Bonheur est une trajectoire et non une destination.
ALORS : Travaille comme si tu n'avais pas besoin d'argent.
Aime comme si jamais personne ne t'avait fait souffrir.
ET Danse comme si personne ne te regardait !! "