[Steppes] Cooking Guild - success and scheduling

morgancain@earthlink.net morgancain at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 7 08:42:14 PST 2002

>>> Besides, doesn't that give you more time for cooking
>>> and preparing?  Would you be starting earlier in the
>>> day, then?

Yes, that is the plan, to start mid-afternoon (about 2:30pm, to let the archers have time to play and then come to cook), and have several recipes ready for discussion, redaction, and preparation.  End about 6:00pm, then eat all the goodies.

I figured if we have a hands-on Sunday afternoon every other month, people will get a chance to actually try cooking from period sources (whether already redacted or in the original).  Each month has a theme - for March, it is things you can cook and take to camping events; May will be cooking over open flame (we will reverse the topics if weather permits); and so on.

If the Sunday is further away from the regular meeting, they will be on related topics.  It's just that with all the things going on in March, the regular meeting would be right after the Sunday hands-on session, and I thought it would be too many meetings for us in too short a time.

                                 ---= Morgan

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming."
 I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."  ---== G. Stoddart