[Steppes] One less good cat in the world.

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 15 13:59:20 PST 2002

Muireann/Martha,

I've known Alys as long as I've known you (helped feed her a time or two,
too).  I am soooo sorry.  I know how much you loved her.  I know it's really
hard losing a "feline family member" like that after so many years (wow,
17?).  You are braver than I.  When the time comes for me to do the same
thing with one of our animals, I hope I'm brave enough to stay with them,
soothing them with calm caresses and soft tones, as the shot takes effect.
That's gonna be hard <sniff>.

Gab/Jann

>From: "Martha A. Compton" <macpob1 at airmail.net>
>To: steppes <steppes at ansteorra.org>
>Subject: [Steppes] One less good cat in the world.
>Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 21:24:16 -0600
>
>To all my friends,
>
>Today has not been the best day for me.  I had to have my cat "Alys" put
>down this morning, heartbreaking but necessary.  She was named after
>Arlo's song and the late Baroness Sundragon (who knew and approved).
>She was a sweet loving friend of mine for many years, we connected in so
>many ways and I will miss her.  She was about 17 years old and had mouth
>cancer, we had known that she had it for about 10 days.  I took her home
>from the vet last week and promised her that she could have tuna every
>day for the rest of her life and that she would have all good days.  I
>kept my word and we enjoyed her last few days together. This morning she
>wouldn't eat the tuna, the vet told me her refusing to eat would be the
>sign that the pain was starting.  I held her long after her last breath.
>
>This spring we are going to plant a garden around the bird feeder in the
>backyard and spread her ashes there.  She would like that.
>
>Muireann

" Le Bonheur est une trajectoire et non une destination.
ALORS : Travaille comme si tu n'avais pas besoin d'argent.
Aime comme si jamais personne ne t'avait fait souffrir.
ET Danse comme si personne ne te regardait !! "