[Steppes] His Excellencies Iron Torches

Bryan Hanson maceogan at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 20 21:22:50 PST 2002

To the most august Baron of the Barony of Steppes, do I, HL Alasdair
MacEogan, seneschal of the fair Canton of Lindenwood, send sad tidings.

It is with heavy heart and bruised body that I write this missive to let
you know of the evil deeds done in your radiant lands this day.  I was
on my way to return two magnificent torches, which do rightfully belong
to you, your Excellency, when I was set upon by several of the foulest,
most desperate individuals I could hope to never come across.  There
were at least half dozen of them and I, with my beloved family, was
alone to defend your property.

It is difficult indeed to relate what terrible circumstances befell us,
and what worse could have been done had I not given in to their demands.
I tried mightily to fend them away from all the wares in my possession,
but alas, I was unable to in the end.  I was holding my own against the
leader's henchmen, and did take many blows about my person, before the
vile leader did take my two precious sons at sword point.  It was at
this crucial juncture that I rashly agreed to anything the brigand did
command.  I know that your Excellency will not fault my decision, being
an honorable man himself.

It rends my heart to see an injustice done to you and to know that I was
inadvertently responsible.  I am poignantly aware that had I only called
upon your own guard, this despicable incident would never have occurred.
I can only ask for your forgiveness, knowing that you are a man who
considers all the children in his lands, sacred and feels about them as
he would his own children.

I am also fearful that these contemptible and loathsome individuals are
still upon your lands, waiting to catch the next unsuspecting person
alone.  These are not men to be trifled with, your Excellency; please
dispatch your guard to come protect your lands with all due haste.  I
shall remain as always at your service, in your command,

HL Alasdair MacEogan
Seneschal Canton of Lindenwood
Companion to the Order of the Oak of the Steppes
Companion to the Order of the Star of Merit of Ansteorra