[Steppes] 2nd Annual Westwood Catapult Challenge

ylwrose2@juno.com ylwrose2 at juno.com
Sun Mar 24 15:53:55 PST 2002

HAIL to the Good Gentles of the Barony and her Shires and Cantons:

The competitors began arriving before daylight.  Spirits were high.
Enthusiasm could not be quelled.

King Morris and Queen Overby officiated over the proceedings of the
Catapult Challenge on this Friday past.  The competition was fierce and
many valiant teams showed their mettle.  And Her Excellency did indeed
invite some of the competitors to attend Warlord for another competition.
 The light and twinkle in the eyes of these teens was definitely
perceptible.  These students were gracious hosts to us as well as the
King and Queen.  I fear I do not have to the words to describe the day to
you.  James, Elspeth, Ironwyrm, and Catrin have already done a better job
than I ever could.  I only wish you take their words to heart and make
plans to attend next year, no matter what school may be hosting a similar
event.

Thank you to Her Excellency, Gerita and Lisa, Lord Jacques de Spinks,
Baron Robin, Brendon and Anne, Lady Lete, Lord Ironwyrm, James, and Lady
Elspeth for attending (please forgive if I have missed any titles).  And
thanks to also to Lady Lete, Lady Muireann and Lady Guiliana for their
behind the scenes work.

Thank you as well to King Morris and Queen Overby, and all of their
students for allowing us to participate in this event for a second year.
For their hospitality, courtesy and grace throughout the day.

In Humble Service to the Dream
Lady Francesca Laviana Sansovino