[Steppes] youth

barb draeco55 at attbi.com
Tue Mar 26 03:45:58 PST 2002

Greetings to the Youth of the Steppes and surrounding areas,

As you know I am trying to start the academy but I need to hear from YOU to know if you are interested. I sent a message about starting the academy and the only responses I have received so far came from one youth and one adult.

Please email me or call me at 972-907-2606 before 9pm and talk to me about the academy and what you would like it to become. If you hate the idea tell me; if you think you like the idea then tell me.  There is a lot involved with starting this and you will be the creators.  There are many things we can accomplish (and have fun at the same time).  This will not be all work.  I want to play too.

Attached is my first post for the academy.  Please let me know how you feel about this.  We also need adults for the council.

Unto the Youth of the Steppes from Viscountess Kate,

Hi...I haven't forgotten you! I still intend to establish the Academy of the Youth. I want all of you to have a place to be a part of the SCA. My life is now in order and I have the time to dedicate to all of you who are interested. My intention is to create a place where you can achieve any and all of your dreams within the SCA. We will have stages for you to accomplish; and after each stage is completed you will receive an award that will let others know what you have accomplished.

I hope to establish functioning offices equivalent to those in our barony. This will include Seneschal, Treasurer, Herald, Chronicler, Minister of Arts and Sciences, Marshal, Hospitaler and Chirurgeon. Each office will be supervised and guided by an adult. Some of the offices may not be an active office but the object is to learn what is expected and how it functions once you are old enough to hold the office itself. However, the objective is that everyone gets the chance to hold each office at one time or another. I hope to assist you in auto-crating your own events, and possibly co-auto-crating larger events.

Anything is possible! I would like for the first meeting to be at Warlord. I would like to hear what you want from the Academy at this time. What do you want to experience and learn? What do you want to achieve? What are your thoughts and ideas for the Academy? This is your Academy. We can do anything (within reason), but I have to know what you want. Let's make this the greatest Academy ever. I believe you can do it. I will support you in anything that is reasonable and follow the dictates of the SCA.  This is your time, your Academy and your chance to have a voice in the SCA.

Vivat, The youth of the Steppes and Ansteorra!

In Service to Your Dream,
Viscountess Kate (Katherine) O'Malley
972-907-2606
draeco55 at attbi.com