[Steppes] This is what I would like put into the pamphlet at war

barb draeco55 at attbi.com
Thu May 9 10:56:40 PDT 2002

This is what I would like put into the pamphlet at war.  Please wordsmith and let me know if it is too long.  I know what to take out if it is.
Love ya,
Barb

Attention all Youth, Parents & Those interested
In assisting our Academy of the Young Wolves

Our first coordinating meeting will be Friday night at the bandstand.  It will be at 8:00 pm.  We will discuss our involvement for the next day and things like that.

There will be another meeting following open court at the main water bearer's tent on the Champion's hard suit field.

I will be around Saturday night if anyone wants to talk about the academy.

The offices for consideration are:

Seneschal
Treasury
Herald book
Herald voice
A&S Minister
Hospitaler
Chronicler
MOC
Assist Boffer Marshal*
Assist Rapier Marshal*
Assist Chirurgeon*

Anything with a * means you are to learn everything about the office but due to age requirements you will not be able to get hands on experience.  However, you will get the chance to find out if this is something you want to do when you are 18.

You may only hold one office at a time.  There will be plenty to do; holding more than one office at a time might create a conflict of interest.

In time, I hope to have the Academy where it can run its own events and assist with all other events.

This Academy will be a service-oriented structure; however, there will be opportunities for A & S, fighting and numerous other things.  Moreover, the youth will not be over looked anymore.  You will have a place of your own, within the SCA.  MOREOVER, IT WILL BE AS FUN AS YOU MAKE IT.

Do to us being a service oriented Academy we will be directly involved with water bearing, helping others to carry things to their encampments and working security with a willing adult at Warlord.

You have to be willing to take orders from me and anyone on the adult council, (which I will explain later).  You must be willing to try, I don't expect perfection just the willingness to try.  You must be pleasant.  I am not expecting anything out of you that I am not willing to do myself.  In addition, I will not let you be slaves.  The Academy's name is "The Academy of the Young Wolves" not "The Academy of Young Slaves".  We will be working on awards within the Academy and I want your input.  Once you achieve all the levels you will become an instructor and have even more opportunities available to you.

I hope the parents will be willing to put as much time into the Academy as possible.

Remember, we are supposed to be having fun as well as working.  I don't know what you want, what problems are going on if you don't talk to me.  Let me be here for you.

Academy Administrator,
Viscountess Kate