[Steppes] Celtic Three Horse design/Inverurie Horses

John de Irwynne lordirwynne at yahoo.com
Wed May 22 04:37:32 PDT 2002

 Inverurie is a town in North East Scotland (not too
far from Aberdeen). The Ordnance Survey map of Ancient
Britain states for Inverurie "Pictish symbol stones in
churchyard.Brandsbutt, a symbol stone with Ogham
inscription." One roundish stone was carved with a
interlaced knotwork of animals in a circle. The horses
we commonly see on modern jewelry have been modernised
since the "sea-horses" of pictish/celtic work are not
very horse looking to modern eyes.

-Elspeth

--- "Donna S. Mallory, CPA" <DSMallory at mymail.net>
wrote: > This may not be the proper forum, but my lord
bade