[Steppes] Steppes Warlord Equestrian

L LeChatton llechatton at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 5 10:07:18 PDT 2002

Steppes Warlord Equestrian

I want to thank everyone who attended for all their work in making the Eq.
games at Steppes Warlord a success. Even our "cripple", Lady Calena, helped
out with the list. I don't think there was one player who didn't Marshal for
authorizations and/or Ground Crew. Lady Bridgette's Horse 101 course on
Sunday made the authorizations (8) much easier and faster. Even though some
were not riding, all the Equestrians found time to help and I thank you.
Congratulations to Lady Isabol for the award of her Golden Bridle, it was
well deserved.

HL Alicia of Meridies got us all caffinated in the morning, worked all day
and stayed until the bitter end. All the Meridies folk were delightful and I
look forward to seeing them more often. Newcomers Alessandra, Hugh and
Melanie joined in the fun to kidnap the King and garner us Letters of Mark
on Trimaris. Although the grownups didn't see much of it, the kids in MOC
camp enjoyed how it fell into the Pirate game.

Is one allowed to enjoy a Wake? I think we gave Star a good send off. It was
a nice little get together with stories all round about our departed equine
friends, well oiled with Sir Alexis' tequila. I am glad that Master Tel and
Mistress Jane't persevered to join us after all their troubles on the road.

We had 22 riders and 16 horses in the Challenge Course. This year's course
featured the new IKEqC game of Reeds. It was a challenge for some people and
brought a little confusion to some of the horses. I saw them thinking "Aw, I
know this, uh-oh, there's two lines to weave through?" Riders discovered the
best way to approach the Reeds is a slow rhythmical canter. Also, new to
Ansteorra was a live "Rescue".  I hope everyone had fun.

We had one bloodless accident when Lady Lorraine's girth rigging broke. It
sent her home early and I will be discussing her condition for the accident
report.

A couple of IKEqC clarifications came out of that weekend of competition.
First, it was confirmed that Minors compete in their gait division for IKEqC
as long as they are using the standard equipment. Second, you can run as
many Reeds, Rings or Heads as you please then take the best score for
submission to IKEqC. Now that we know, I doubt if An Tir will have the high
point next year.

In hindsight, I think HRM Aaron should have ridden Plum. It might've helped
his score and it just might have worked Plum enough to take her out of turbo
for Sir Alexis' run. But we didn't, so Sir Alexis took the Advanced division
again (it probably wouldn't have helped anyway, they were on their game).

Nathaniel of Gates Edge placed well in the Advanced division and with no
other Advanced challengers in the Minor's age group the Minor's prize was
his.  Benjamin of Meridies was the only other Minor in the challenge course.
He was authorized by Lady Lorraine in the morning and took the Intermediate
prize that night. Sir Gideon was Lady Bridgette's ringer for the Beginner
division. I love to see those little knightsies ride.

Gabrielle and I decided for next year to put the game rules on the field
receipt books and make sure the rider keeps his scores until the results are
toted up. That way, if you have a question you can check it with the List
Mistress and the crew right away.

Poor HRM Aaron, will he ever play with us again after getting tromped on and
bouncing on the back of our saddles all day? He is going to loose his
toenail from our abuse. Many thanks to Hugh H (David) and Lord Padrag for
also being "rescued" and crewing all day. It was harder on the Rescuee than
the Rescuer. There were two other noteable men on the field all day around
the Rings. I think one was Dale and the other was Benjamin's father Arthur,
but I did not take names and may need to be corrected.

Our Herald for the day was Saundra of Loch Raeburn, she says she is used to
herding cats. No, really, she said she enjoyed being around the horses. My
perpetual List Mistress, Lady Gabrielle de Bernard was in her place keeping
everything moving. Our Archery Marshal was Lord William of House Arkham and
he also completed beginner authorization himself. Master Petruccio and
Mistress Ronna fed us all. Lord Angus helped my Lord Patric with field and
cleaning duty on Sunday. I could not have set-up those darn Reeds and the
rest of the field without Allesandra. Lord Einigo was always there for us
too. Plus, there was the regular Steppes crew making the rest of Warlord
work so we could have our fun.

Thank you all for coming, working and making Steppes Warlord such a special
event.

In Service,
Lady Aimée de Long Coeur

Patric. Patric!! Put - the rake - down! Step - away - from the -wheelbarrow…