[Steppes] "Remember When...?" History Revel 7/20

Michelle Hanson bmhanson at airmail.net
Tue Jun 25 13:26:37 PDT 2002

Forwarded to Lindenwood list
Máirghréad (Margarite)

-----Original Message-----
From: steppes-admin at ansteorra.org [mailto:steppes-admin at ansteorra.org]
On Behalf Of Jann Mays
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 7:51 PM
To: steppes at ansteorra.org
Subject: [Steppes] "Remember When...?" History Revel 7/20

"Remember the Pict camp at Defender when she held a candle up to
her...?"
"Remember when we saw those red pants go flying through the air
when...?"
"Remember when Duke Michael was walking near the Lake and...?" "Remember
when Johanna snuck up on the cows when...?"  "Remember that Warlord
under
the darkness of night when Baroness Mari and her band of miscreants
creeped
up...?"

Do we have your attention?  Come to the "REMEMBER WHEN...?" history
revel
and join in on the merriment!  Everyone is invited!!

As mentioned in past postings on the list, Jon and I are sponsoring and
hosting a Steppes History revel at our home in Carrollton during the
month
of July.  We are asking all of you “oldtimers” like us (yes, you
Lodovico,
Mikael, Alaric, Adelicia, Muireann, Fritz, Da’ud, Mahdi, Valeria, Robin,
Willow ... etc.), who have slides, photo albums, videos, articles,
artifacts, and stories of past histories in the Steppes, to bring out
all of
your memorabilia and help all of the current members become acquainted
with
our history.  We haven’t had one of these in about 10 years.  If you
have a
slide projector, please bring it.  We have a carrousel style slide
projector
as well.

The event is scheduled for Saturday, July 20th, starting at 6:30 !
Address
is 2001 Cedarwood Drive in Carrollton off of Josey between Trinity Mills
(190) and Frankford.  Please call 972-466-2276 for further directions.
The
party will be BYOB, but please limit alcohol consumption to beer and
wine
(homemade cordials and meads are ok) and leave the hard stuff at home.
Please feel free to bring finger foods, munchies or soft drinks to help
out.
  We will have a few munchies and beer for the party.  Newcomers, please
come out and enjoy hearing funny stories of past Steppes events and
seeing
those “blackmail” shots of some of us that are still floating about!  If
nothing else, come for the comraderie, food and beer.  Let’s make it a
real
fun PARTY!!  Please RSVP to this email or by phone.  Thanks!

Please post this announcement to the Lindenwood and Glaslyn lists.

Gabrielle and Jon