[Steppes] Sponsored Prize Competition

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 26 10:30:20 PDT 2002

Artisans entering Steppes A&S competition (and others),

I highly recommend adding a "reproduction piece" to your body of work as per
His Excellency Baron Edwin's criteria listed below.  I remember many years
ago being fascinated by a piece of work that was submitted by a young woman
whose interests were in the metal arts.  She had made a reproduction of a
medieval woman's dagger that was absolutely wonderful.  The handle was in
the figure of Eve holding the apple.  The museum documentation with pictures
was beside it so you could compare the original museum piece with this
woman's work.  Her name escapes me, but she may have been one of the first
Steppes Artisans.

Encouragement of this sort in the arts permits us to work on those items
that make us feel a little more "medieval," don't you think?  Thank you,
Your Excellency, for sponsoring this type of prize contest at Steppes
Artisan.  I am looking forward to seeing the entries.

Respectfully,
Gabrielle

>From: Hrldsmn at aol.com
>To: steppes at ansteorra.org
>Subject: Re: [Steppes] Submissions Deadline
>Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:02:06 EDT
>
>--
>In a message dated 6/26/02 7:46:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>Hrldsmn at aol.com
>writes:
>

> > Maeva,
> >
> > Here is an announcemnt concerning the sponsored competition that is
>being
> > held at Steppes Artisan. Please include it in the next Steppesletter.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Edwin
> >

>OOPS, I have forwarded this on Maeva since the list can't handle
>attachments.
>Sorry for the wasted post. Here is the announcemnt in copy form for this
>list.
>
>Baron Edwin
>
>Baron Edwin FitzLloyd, O.L.
>announces
>a sponsored prize competition
>to be judged at
>Steppes Baronial Artisan,
>  August 24, 2002.
>
>This competition seeks to reward the single best reproduction of an actual
>period item fully supported and justified through presented documentation.
>All items will be judged to meet modern museum reproduction standards and
>the
>winning entry will be handsomely rewarded.
>Entry sign up sheets will be available at the event's artisan check-in
>table.
>Pre-event questions to hrldsmn at aol.com

" Le Bonheur est une trajectoire et non une destination.
ALORS : Travaille comme si tu n'avais pas besoin d'argent.
Aime comme si jamais personne ne t'avait fait souffrir.
ET Danse comme si personne ne te regardait !! "