[Steppes] Warlord Court (was need for stewards)

willow Taylor willowjonbardc at juno.com
Fri Jul 12 15:10:40 PDT 2002

 I am not sure what this was referring to but I feel it is the nobles
duty to give attention to a certain amount of entertaining. The proper
place to do some entertaining is at a feast so I believe that the nobles
should make arrangements to sit through at least three pieces. The
Baron/ess can make sure it is the best work of their barony and so not
boring. I also believe it is the nobles duty to set the atmosphere of the
event and entertainment adds to the atmosphere. We don't do very much
role playing any more so "magic" is totally centered on the King/Queen,
Baron/ess court. ( Court in this situation means all the activities
involving the nobles). Contest do not supply all the needs of the
performing artist.

I do agree with you that a heavy business Court as Warlord's is no place
for entertainment. There is too much to be done and a need to get Court
over so we can Party.

I am sorry if I have offended but performing arts is often treated like
the redheaded step child and the nobles rights not to subjected to
Hostage dinner theatre is often the reason given. I know the local
baron/ess try very hard to do what is right but that concept has hurt a
lot of people. Everyone has a role in the game. Nobles are suppose to the
patron of the Arts ( all Arts) and if I didn't feel like doing my job as
a noble I would give up my title. I  have sat through so very bad
performances in my life. I will tell you of the hour and half Norse saga
at Penic sometime.

Willow de Wisp