[Steppes] Osage harvesting (was Steppes Bowyers Guild)

Jason Hitt cutter07 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 21 18:03:16 PDT 2002

I'd say split what you can't fit in your truck there
but the rest dont split (else you'll have to cover the
inside with something or it splits).

As for burning your better off with hickory; you'd
have better luck getting a brick to catch fire then
osage. The pieces too small for bows make good
woodcrafting/carving pieces as osage is very very
tough and pretty once polished.