[Steppes] The Great East Steppes Osage Orange Massacre and Carnivore Feast.

Mike C. Baker kihe at ticnet.com
Wed Jul 31 20:48:37 PDT 2002

There is no truly strong odor associated with the "horse apple" fruit as
far as I am aware / remember.  When fresh, they are slightly sap-sticky.
In the past I've had the best results indoors when dividing them into
sections of perhaps an ounce or so and distributing on windowsills,
under sinks, under or behind furniture, and along "known" trails.
(Caveat: we've no indoor pets or small children to worry about any
potential hazard from ingestion.)

Of course, under / inside they've not gotten particularly wet and have
dried instead of rotting.  Also, with minimal water and less light,
those under a house would probably not sprout any time soon.

This is the first residence I've had where there was the pier&beam setup
to allow using them underneath -- the last time I applied some was over
three years ago, and with those three quartered fruits in combination
with other measures we have had very few insect invaders (until
relatively recently).

FYI, the "two LARGE bags" Iames brought back are now here at House
Dreamwind of the Shadowed Moon, and some of their contents are about to
be used under, in, and around (here and in our storage unit).  Anyone
else want some? (PLEASE -- I'd rather they not go to "waste".  Any not
claimed by the end of August will be chopped and distributed around the
yard or along the foundation line.)

Adieu, Amra / Pax ... Kihe / ttfn - Mike

Respectfully, Mike C. Baker
kihe at ticnet.com OR MCBaker216 at cs.com
Any opinions expressed are obviously my own unless explicitly stated
otherwise!
Alternate Contact Information: MikeCBaker at aol.com   KiheBard at aol.com
RESUME: http://resumes.dice.com/kihe3bard
OR http://www.buildaresume.com/resume.asp?id=MikeCBaker