[Steppes] Walnut Hill Recreation Center Town Hall Meeting

Morgan Cain (Ansteorra) morgancain at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 20 20:20:52 PDT 2002

Hi, y'all.

Although the rapier people are willing to move outdoors (and will they still be willing in December?), I am part of other groups that use WHRC regularly.

There is a Town Hall Meeting at WHRC on Thursday, August 29th at 7:00pm.  Persons whose groups are affected should try to attend.

There is an article on the topic in the Dallas Morning News, that you can read online at http://www.dallasnews.com/politics/localnews/stories/082002dnmetbudget.ad042.html

They have been making the cuts to cover a budget shortfall, but are trying to come up with the money to at least a partial extent.  My suggestion is that they keep the rec centers closed in the mornings, when they are underutilized, so that they can stay open in the evenings when they are needed.

You can also write to the City Council at http://www.dallascityhall.com/dallas/eng/html/dallas_city_council.html and a list of all the budget Town Hall meetings is at http://www.dallascityhall.com/dallas/eng/html/2002-2003_town_hall_meetings.html in order by date.

                                        ---=  Morgan

"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
                                      ---= Thomas Paine