[Steppes] Costume Question

Jennamonster@aol.com Jennamonster at aol.com
Sun Aug 25 23:37:05 PDT 2002

Here's a question for those far more adept at costuming than I -  We have a
newcomer friend who is looking to make garb for herself.

Right now, she has the following:

7 yards of blue jacquard, embroidered with golden yellow
5 years of yellow jacquard, embroidered with tan and blue
6 yards of mulberry jacquard.

We've suggested she use the mulberry to make a houppeland (getting some
additional fabric for contrast), and use the yellow and blue to make
something else - suggested surcoat and tunic, suggested split skirt Italian
Ren, so on and so forth.

Could someone please let us know if we've suggested with any kind of
accuracy, and if not, what your recommendations might be?

Thank you - we both appreciate it!

Elysia and Caitlin O'Malley