[Steppes] Costume Question

Hrldsmn@aol.com Hrldsmn at aol.com
Mon Aug 26 19:47:26 PDT 2002

In a message dated 8/26/2002 8:08:41 PM Central Daylight Time, chiara at io.com
writes:

> Sounds pretty. I guess my main question is how much shininess is there
> to the jacquard.

For first costumes these fabrics may work well, but please bear in mind that
as you move forward and want to attempt things that would actually be period
that jacquard weaves date to the 19th century when the Jacquard loom is
developed and don't really resemble anything from pre-1600. They will be a
good start, particularly since the fabric has already been purchased but I
would suggest not buying more for future period clothing. Good Luck!

Baron Edwin