[Steppes] Event Changes

Hrldsmn@aol.com Hrldsmn at aol.com
Thu Oct 3 18:15:24 PDT 2002

In a message dated 10/3/2002 6:57:02 PM Central Daylight Time,
lizdenpeters at juno.com writes:

> Could we have Prince/Princess positions divided on regional bases to
> take some of the pressure off the King and Queen?  This might be a good
> King/Queen-In-Training thing

In several other kingdoms Crown Tournament is held within a month at most
from coronation so that the King and Queen have heirs for virtually the
entire reign, giving them two more Royals who can attend events, give out
awards, and represent the Crown. It also prepares heirs better for their own
reign in my opinion. It seems to work well in other places I am familiar
with.

The prevailing attitude in Ansteorra has been different however, with some
monarchs feeling that the outcome of a Crown Tournament leaves them as 'lame
ducks' for the rest of their reign. Because of that our tradition has been to
put Crown Tournament comparatively late in each reign. The heirs do not spend
much time sharing the burden before their coronation and they do not receive
the benefit of a longer apprenticeship before ascending the thrones. Every
time the official date for Crown Tournament gets changed in kingdom law to
place it early in each reign a Crown ascends the throne who does not like the
idea and rewrites kingdom law to replace the date of Crown Tournament later
in the reign.

Too bad changing tradition is so difficult in Ansteorra...

Baron Edwin