[Steppes] Calendar ?

Ron Hardy rhemail at swbell.net
Thu Oct 3 19:45:07 PDT 2002

Aelfhelm said:
"Or, maybe not.  The main reason I don't attend more events is because of
cost, and travel expenses like fuel and wear-and-tear on my vehicle, is
something I have to consider.  Your situation may be different, but if I
have a choice of driving 2 hours (in a 12 year old car or an 11 year old
truck), or driving 6 hours (in the same vehicle) to attend an event, I'll
probably opt for the closer of the two.  If, on the other hand, I had a
choice between an event 6 hours away or  not going to an event... well, I'm
probably just not going to an event."

And that is part of the question. The Kings' concern and his goal, as I
understood it, was to help overcrowding of the calendar and thereby help
those calendar events get a better attendance. The King is asking for input
at this time and has not made any decisions yet.
So, along with the discussion of how Steppes can help the calendar question
I would like to start a survey among our populace.

 The questions are:

Would having only one or two events on any given weekend mean you would
chose to go to those events or would you just stay at home that weekend??

How do you choose which events to go to??

On average, how far do you drive to go to an event??

I think it might keep a lot of traffic off the list if you send your answers
directly to me. I will summarize your answer and let the crown know your
thoughts. I also want to discuss this at the next pop meeting.

Thanks,

Fritz