[Steppes] Elspeth's final word on event changes

Michelle Dodd lygabrielerdb at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 5 07:14:27 PDT 2002

What she said! What she said! I might actually go to Artisan if Eisteddfod
was hosted by it. At 12th Night I don't have the time to enjoy the bards the
way I would like to. Too much meeting, greeting & catching up. Too much
noise from meeting, greeting & catching up to really hear the bards.
Imo while any event should invite the Crown, they should have some
discretion as to which events they attend. This schedual could be made up
while they are highnesses. I thought this was what the "Royal Progress" was.
Though if I were going to try for the crown, I would want to already have
some idea of which events "had" to be attended & which I wanted to attend.
Also there are usually two majesties, as well as highnesses part of the
time, do they have to attend together? If not, that would lighten the travel
load for each.

>From: John de Irwynne <lordirwynne at yahoo.com>
>To: steppes at ansteorra.org
>Subject: [Steppes] Elspeth's final word on event changes
>Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 12:44:50 +0100 (BST)
>
>To be honest this appears to be more about having
>fewer events on the Crown's calendar than events
>conflicting. I propose that we keep all three events.
>Take Artisan off the kingdon calendar. ( We can offer
>to make it a perpetual host for Eisteddfodd since
>Artisan is never a big money maker)
>
>Warlord and Twelfth Night stay on the kingdom calendar
>as is since both are large important events for the
>Steppes that incidentally provide a venue for a lot of
>neccessary kingdom business, not all of which takes
>place at Court.
>
>Maybe Artisan can slow down and become a lower key
>event and maybe also not be such a drain on the
>Barony's Purse.
>
>yours in service,
>Lady Elspeth de Forbeys

Sometimes, I have looked back at my behavior and learned not to make the
same mistake twice. Other times, I have merely learned to make it again with
more style.
---= Marilyn vos Savant