[Steppes] Fighting at Fall Court

nikkicmiller@yahoo.com nikkicmiller at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 23 20:49:13 PDT 2002

Greetings one and all. The heavy fighting at Fall
Court is going to consist of two events:

    The first event is a challenge tourney to be
fought between any (or all) of the other fighters with
fighter's choice of weapons. Each time you fight
someone, you bet 1 to 5 coins (some of which are
provided with the site fee). You may fight another
fighter up to 5 times with different weapon
combinations. The number of wins counts toward a
"tourney winner" victory,
and the coins are useful throughout the event.

   The second event is a troll ball tourney. The
number of fighters we have that day is going to
determine how we proceed. The general rules are as
follows:
You take the troll ball (a 9 pound medicine ball) and
work it with your feet toward your goal line.
The opposing side tries to prevent you from doing this
by hitting you with legal SCA weapons and taking the
ball away from you. You defend against this action, or
not. If you are hit with a killing blow, you can go to
your starting goal line and resurrect after being in
the box for 15 seconds. Your opponents can resurrect
at their starting line (your goal line).  There are a
few more rules, which we can cover at the event.

   Immediately after end of heavy weapons list there
will be a 30 minute block of time for light inspection

with the list to immediately follow.

For the light weapons fighters, a challenge tourney is
also scheduled. Each time you fight someone, you bet 1
to 5 coins  (some of which are provided
with the site fee). You may fight another fighter up
to 5 times with different weapon combinations. The
number of wins counts toward a "tourney winner"
victory, and the coins are useful throughout the
event.

Miguel and Conal