[Steppes] Covenant School Demo

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 7 13:28:41 PST 2002

Dear Gentles of the Steppes,

The time is getting close for the Covenant School Demo on Thursday, November
21. The location will be Flagpole Hill park. At this time, other than the
volunteers I already have, which are Lady Suzanne and her Lord, and Lady
Gudrun, I am looking for a few good men, particularly they would like
Archers, though a couple of fighters would be nice to have to show off their
armor and weapons. They would not need to fight unless they really want to.
I have informed the principal that we are not permitted to shoot arrows at
Flagpole Hill, but she would like to have someone with equipment there
anyway, and if we had something that the kids could play with, that would
really be great.

I am also hoping to have a Bard or two that could tell the kids stories or
sing some songs. Any appropriate cds or tapes that I could borrow would also
be appreciated. It looks as though we will need to provide our own tables. I
have a couple of card tables, but will need a few larger ones for the ladies
to set up their displays on. We will have wall-less pavillions so keep your
fingers crossed that there will be no wind.

All volunteers will be fed at their feast. There will be lots of parents
there and this will be a great opportunity to bring families into the SCA.

I have a truck and can pick up anything that you can lend if you yourself
cannot participate, just call me at 972-429-8985 or email at
<sueorintx at hotmail.com>

Set up time will be from 8a.m. to 9a.m. that morning. I will be there no
later than 8 if the traffic spirits permit.

Thank you for your help and this opportunity to serve.

Linet